This Page

has been moved to new address

Why I should write for YOUR magazine

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Why I should write for YOUR magazine


As you know, I've been recently named a Fitfluential Ambassador. Fitfluential is starting to partner with some healthy living and fitness publications and I have the opportunity to "audition" to write or do video posts for these digital publications. While I can't share any names yet, they'd like to see what I'm all about and if their readers would like to read what I have to say. 

I love writing and I love sharing my passion for healthy living and fitness. The opportunity to be a contributing writer for such a magazine would be a dream. Healthy living magazines have been my constant companion for well over 20 years and have played a huge role in nurturing my love for all things health and fitness and also in encouraging me to try new things.


While I've been active my whole life and grew up playing sports, I never have considered myself an athlete and I would have never imagined that health and fitness would play such a prominent role in my life. I was not the fastest runner or highest scorer but I was a dependable team player. Sports were something that I was required to do in high school but never something I was passionate about. 

Once I entered college, I started going to the gym by myself, mainly sticking with cardio machines like the stair master or treadmill because I wanted to stay active but more likely because I was dealing with a bout of disordered eating. That's when I first started subscribing to fitness magazines. I was drawn to the healthy eating and strength training tips as well as the stories about real women and how fitness transformed their lives. Through reading these magazines, I learned to appreciate and respect my body and arm myself with the tools I needed to take better care of myself physically, mentally and emotionally.


Looking at myself and my life today, I do consider myself an athlete. Health and fitness are a core part of who I am as a woman, wife and mother. I run, swim, ski, spin, and yoga. I've run 3 marathons and completed an olympic triathlon. I developed a love for TRX and am longing to try new activities such as CrossFit and Kettlebells. Being fit keeps me healthy and sane. Being fit not only helps me build physical strength but also mental strength to handle whatever challenges life throws at me.

While you may not see workout plans or recipes on this blog, you will witness my adventures through life. My readers come back to my blog for the stories that I share, my experiences as a mom of two young boys who is trying to balance working at home, fitness, family and healthy living, and the lessons that I've learned through these experiences. I share the challenges I encounter, my successes and setback as well as how I choose to handle these situations in a real and honest way. In this past year, I've taken several leaps of faith and have made a commitment to live more intentionally and gratefully.


More specifically, readers come to read about my quest to learn to surf. After learning to surf last year and falling head over heels in love with the sport, I couldn't find many surf-related resources online that I could relate to. Most of the information out there assumed a certain level of knowledge and/or experience and didn't address the basic questions or trials and tribulations of a beginner surfer. Surfing is growing in popularity and there are more and more beginners out there thirsty for information.

I've discovered that I have the ability to connect with, support and encourage others in their journey. Over the past three months alone, the number of visitors to my blog has tripled, my page views have nearly tripled and my Twitter followers have increased five-fold. That shows me that the stories I share resonate with a growing audience. I would love nothing more than to be able to empower others in their healthy living journey.

Tell me, why do you like reading my blog? What do you think I'd be good at? I'd love to hear from you in the comments!!


Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

At May 22, 2012 at 1:28 AM , Blogger Fun and Fit: Kymberly and Alexandra said...

Surf's up! My husband discovered stand up paddleboarding when his knees no longer allowed him to surf. Good luck with your goal to write for fitness pubs! (K)

 
At May 22, 2012 at 3:15 AM , Blogger Danica Bridges-Martin said...

I think you're inspirational, you seem to be able to shuffle it all. It helps Moms like me know we can be healthy, have fun, and still manage a home (and career, if we want one). I hope your dreams come true! :) Danica

 
At May 22, 2012 at 5:54 AM , Anonymous Lisa@RunWiki said...

I love how you are so dedicated to learning something as crazy difficult as surfing. It inspires me to try something outside my comfort zone and that it's never too late to try something new. I am looking forward to reading that article that you WILL write for a fitness publication. ; )

 
At May 22, 2012 at 7:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are real, clear, and your love for your active life shines through. Plus, as a mom and a woman, the fact that you have are a surfing newbie adds to your appeal! I would absolutely read and buy articles that you write!!!

 
At May 22, 2012 at 9:00 AM , Anonymous Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean said...

your passion for a healthy lifestyle and your dedication during rehab is inspirational!

 
At May 22, 2012 at 9:35 AM , Anonymous Marge said...

I was tuned in to your blog via SITS and come back because I like your style. I am on a quest to balance my life with my fitness goals and I like how I can relate to you.

Make it a great day!

 
At May 22, 2012 at 9:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your passion really shines through, and I love the surfing! That is something I always wanted to give a try to learn, but living in Ohio, there isn't really anywhere to learn!

 
At May 22, 2012 at 10:06 AM , Blogger The Preppy Girl in Pink said...

I love that you inspire me to get out there and live life to the fullest by trying new things to stay healthy and active. I love who you are as a woman and a mom! It was truly love at first sight when I landed on your blog. You just make everyone feel welcome and your spirit infects ours!
A magazine would be lucky to have you as one of their writers! I know lots of people in the blog world that would buy it if they knew you were sharing your Passion for a healthy & active lifestyle in it.

 
At May 22, 2012 at 1:13 PM , Blogger PavementRunner said...

You have an amazing story and you are very open... something readers are drawn to and allow us to relate. A runner AND a surfer? That is like a combination of Wonder Woman, the Flash and the Silver Surfer... I'm all in!

 
At May 22, 2012 at 3:37 PM , Blogger Colorado Gal said...

I am dying to learn to surf! My sis lives in HI so I think I'll figure it out on one of my visits :)

 
At May 22, 2012 at 6:03 PM , Anonymous Charlotte (@Char__Latte) said...

surfing looks like SO much fun, I really really need to try it. I keep trying to tell the FH that we're going surfing if we choose hawaii for our honeymoon.. even if it means hurting myself on my honeymoon ;) haha

Love your blog! always have, and you of course :P

 
At May 22, 2012 at 9:21 PM , Blogger Christine said...

Wow. I don't quite know what to say. Thank you all *so* much for your feedback. I appreciate that you all visit this little blog whether once or multiple times. I love hearing your voices and that there's something that you can connect with in my stories. I means more to me than you know. <3

 
At May 22, 2012 at 9:21 PM , Blogger Christine said...

Yes! I hope that you get a chance to give it a try especially if your sister lives in Hawaii!!

 
At May 22, 2012 at 9:22 PM , Blogger Christine said...

Thank you! I hope that you get a chance to give surfing a go. If you can believe it, people actually surf in Lake Michigan in Shebogan, WI!

 
At May 22, 2012 at 9:23 PM , Blogger Christine said...

OMG all three of those superheros??!?!

 
At May 23, 2012 at 12:15 PM , Blogger Jolene said...

I LOVE reading your blog!! I love reading this look back on your growth and development as an athlete, a writer, and a blogger and I would LOVE to see you write for a fitness magazine!! You have a natural gift and you connect so well, I love every word. And you look BAD ASS on that surf board!!!!!!

 
At May 23, 2012 at 1:31 PM , Blogger Amber @ Backwards Life said...

I would read your stories. I loved talking about surfing with you this weekend even though I've never tried the sport as an adult. I think it's amazing that you just decided to do it...and you DID IT! I think more people need to realize that they too can "just do it" with many things in life.

 
At May 23, 2012 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Katy said...

Found you on the FitFluential too and I LOVE you already. You are my kinda gal! Fitness revolves around my life too and I can't image going back to my old ways.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home